All to often I am introduced to someone who has a great idea or a great business but the money they openly declare they deserve never seems to come their way. Then as I spend quality time with these individuals I get to see first hand exactly why this is.
Their situation is 100% of the time due to how they relate to money. Often times these relationships are so terrible that if I were money, I would run away from them too.
For example, I had a conversation with another financial planner who went on in classic” drunkalog” fashion about just how broke he was, and how he never has enough, and his business is draining him, and how much his clients annoy him, and how if he could just get enough big deal’s things would be OK.
How do you think this guy felt about money? Was it positive and inspiring or toxic and draining? If you were money would you go running into his arms and beg to be placed in his bank account? I certainly wouldn’t.
There are several universal laws that govern money and most of them a predicated upon how we think and feel.
According to Ernest Holmes, author of The Science of Mind, one’s Thoughts + Feelings = Demonstration.
What this means is that if you think about a certain thing and have strong emotions or feeling associated with it you will see a manifestation of it in your life. The bottom line here is that we have all created the financial world that we currently live in.
The amount of money we currently see or don’t see in our life is the sum total of the thoughts and feelings we have about it. The good news here is that your financial situation is not a fixed state. You can always create a new more empowering money situation by upgrading your thoughts and feeling.
Here are a few tips
1. Be greatful for what you currently have. If you find your self complaining verbally or in your head… stop it and start listing 10 things you are grateful for.
Complaining only makes you believe in lack and scarcity. The reality its that we each live in a world of abundance. If you don’t think so its because you’ve convinced yourself otherwise. STOP IT…
2. Choose certainty over doubt or fear. You must truly accept that your natural state is abundance, and that there is nothing “wrong” or “right” or “broken” about your situation. It just is.
Certainty and fear are two side of the same coin. Certianty is belief the the magic of who you naturally brings good things to you, while fear is the belief that magic of who you are will bring about judgement and pain. Either can be your reality…Choose
3. Live with Integrity. Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking. It is about consciously creating the world you desire with your words, then executing a plan to manifest it in the world of form. I have suffered more failures in life due to lack of integrity than any other reason.
I would say I wanted one thing but never take any action to get it or…even worse I would take action, meet an obstacle then quit. One must become relentless in fullfilling upon his/her word.
If this has been a problem for you in the past. Start fresh today. Plan your work then work your plan. If you fail start again, and again, and again… One cannot experience success unless he/she practices success.
4. Choose a spiritual practice and perform it regularly. This may mean daily walks or meditation. It may mean 15 minutes of reading a sacred text. Whatever this is for you, choose your practice and perform it often. This will help build discipline as well as serve to put your life into perspective while generating a peaceful more accepting mood.
5. Exercise – This goes without saying ; A motionless body leaves a restless mind. Your body needs to move a little faster than normal for at least 30 mins 3 times a week in order to remain healthy. Again…choose a plan and stick with it. This is not about weight lose or feeling bad if you miss a day.
Working out is about increasing your energy and stamina so that you may feel good and more easily reach the goals you set for your life. If you tire easily, or if you body is filled with tension and the harmful chemicals created by it, chances are you’re more likely to give up on your goals than someone who is energized and has trained his or her body to stay the course. Energy is key here. He who has the most energy ALWAYS wins.